Everyone, regardless of age or physical condition, is recommended to go for regular eye exams.
At Glass Vision Associates, our optometrists will inspect your eyes thoroughly, using first-rate skill and advanced diagnostic technology. Your vision matters to us, and we will consider the individual needs and health of each patient. We are located conveniently in Boca Raton, Florida , and we are pleased to serve patients from the greater area.
- Boca Raton Eye Clinic
- Local Contact lens fitting near you in Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Local Eye Doctor
- Optometrist in Boca Raton
- Eye Exam in Boca Raton
The importance of routine eye exams
Early detection of many typical adult eye diseases can have a powerful effect on the success of treatment. When we examine your eyes in our office in Boca Raton, Florida , we will take a very close look for signs of disease that may still be symptom less. To prevent future vision loss or complications, we’ll begin treatment as soon as possible.
With children, an undetected vision condition could harm their ability to learn properly.
Common eye problems that are diagnosed in children include astigmatism, nearsightedness, farsightedness and weak eye teaming. If your child is diagnosed with any of these problems during our comprehensive pediatric eye exam, we will determine the most effective treatments. Eye exams can thereby prevent or lead to resolution of many learning problems in school.
When should you schedule your comprehensive eye exam?
The American Optometric Association (AOA) issued the following guidelines:
- First eye exam at 6 months old, to check that the visual system is developing normally
- Second eye exam at 3 years old
- Complete eye and vision evaluation prior to entering school, around age 5-6. If no vision problems are diagnosed, then follow-up examinations should be done at least every 2 years. If your child needs vision correction, then exams must be scheduled at least once a year.
Children who have any of these risk factors should come in for eye exams more frequently:
- Premature birth
- Crossed or turned eyes
- Family history of eye disease
- Other physical disease
- History of eye injury
- Delayed development Adults Until age 40, if no vision correction (such as eyeglasses or contact lenses) is needed, then complete eye assessments should be performed every two or three years.
- After 40 years old, annual eye exams are encouraged. The incidence of many common eye diseases and vision problems rises as you age, and we will check for conditions such as presbyopia, cataracts, macular degeneration and glaucoma.
- Everyone over age 60 is strongly recommended to schedule frequent eye exams.
- Any adult who has a health issue, such as hypertension or diabetes, may require additional eye exams, as advised by an eye doctor.
What will happen at your comprehensive eye exam?
Our team of experienced optometrists will use many different testing procedures to check your eyes. Our Boca Raton, office is fully equipped with the latest equipment. To determine visual acuity, you will be asked to read a standard eye chart and we will check refractive error. To diagnose or rule out any eye diseases, we will inspect your inner eye tissues with a high-powered lens. This exam also provides significant information about your overall health.
For more information about comprehensive eye examinations Call Glass Vision Associates on 561-391-2362 in Boca Raton, Florida to schedule an eye exam with our optometrist, Dr. Stuart Glass.
Alternatively book an appointment online here CLICK FOR AN APPOINTMENT